Protein and Weight Loss
Who else is looking to burn fat, lose weight, and look good naked?
If you said yes you’ll want to read on.
Unless you’re workout out 6-10 hours a day, exercise alone isn’t going to melt away the fat. Â You need to have a great nutrition program with tastyÂ recipes.
But with all the different diet plans out there it is difficult to keep things straight. It’s hard to know what information to follow.
This article by fitness expert Mike Roussell will answer all your questions about eating lean protein as part of your healthy meal plan. Â See what Mike has to say about avoiding the fat and eating lean protein.
IÂ am sure you’ve heard the saying, “you are what you eat”.
If thats the case it makes sense thatÂ everything you eatÂ plays a role in yourÂ ability to lose fat, build muscle, and look great naked.
Proteins, carbs, and fats all play important roles and are essential in your diet and for weight loss. What is interesting is that the USDA, National Cholesterol Education Program, American Heart Association, and many scientists have previously essentially written off the benefit of protein above the bodyâ€™s minimal requirement.
â€œ15% of calories or 0.8g/kg is all you needâ€
Weâ€™ve heard that before. As of late there has been an increase in research suggesting the importance of increased protein intake for:
- weight loss
- cardiovascular disease reduction
- blood sugar control
- lowering blood pressure
If you are looking to maximize your weight loss then it is important that youÂ have more then the minimum protein levels in your diet. From a biochemical perspective look what happens when you increase your protein intake and decrease your carbohydrate intake:
- there is a reduction in the insulin stimulating nutrient carbohydrates
- gets replaced with protein which has a much lesser effect on insulin
- protein also causes your body to release the hormone glucogon which counteracts insulin
- Controlling insulin helps control the rate in which you burn fat
The US Government has a few great tips when it comes to selecting andÂ maximizing lean protein intake for weight reduction through fat loss: The first and easiest thing to do is start with a lean choice:
- The leanest beef cuts include:
- round steaks
- round eye
- top round
- bottom round
- round tip
- top loin
- top sirloin
- chuck shoulder
- arm roasts
- leanest pork choices:
- pork loin
- center loin
- Stick with extra lean ground beef. If it is not at least 90% lean leave it on the shelf. Even better look for ground beef that is 93% or 95% lean.
- Go skinless, either do it yourself or buy it that way
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts and turkey cutlets are the leanest poultry choices
- for sandwiches go with:
- lean turkey
- roast beef
- stay away from the fattier luncheon meats such as regular bologna or salami
- Keep it lean:
- any visible fat in your meats and poultry, trim it away before cooking
- Do not fry, instead:
- and drain off any fat you see when cooking
- Avoid breading on your meats, poultry, or fish
- the breading will soak up fat adding more fat and calories to your meal
- Watch out for the sauces and gravies, they can often contain lots of fat and extra calories
Implement these tips into your diet and you will soon find that adding high quality, low fat, high protein foods will improve your health, and your weight loss will increase. About the Author/More Info: Warp Speed Fat Loss is a complete 28 day diet and training system crafted to help you lose 10,15, or 20lbs of body fat in just 28 day. To start losing weight fast visit WarpSpeedFatLoss.com. Mike Roussell is a nutrition doctoral student at the University of Pennsylvania. Mike’s writings can be found in magazines such as Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, and Testosterone Nation. Mike specializes in fat loss nutrition and diets for busy men and women who need to lose weight fast without it interfering with their lives. Warp Speed Fat Loss (WarpSpeedFatLoss.com) is a complete Done-for-You A-Z Fat Loss Blueprint that gives you exactly everything you need to eat to lose weight in record time.
Trigger goes here