Have limited accesses to equipment?
Looking for alternative exercises to burn fat and lose weight? Bodyweight cardio workout routines make a great alternative.
Here is a list of over 25 exercises that you can do instead of dumbbell and barbell exercises.
Well, here are 27 alternative exercises for you.
Situation #1 – You want to work your chestÂ but all the benches are taken. Often the case on Monday at most gyms.Â Monday always seems to be chest day for everyone. Here are a few bodyweight muscle building options
- push ups
- close-grip push ups
- decline push up
- elevated push ups
- off-set push ups
- push ups with your feet on the ball
- push ups with your hands on the ball
- spiderman push ups
- pike pushups
- possibly the hardest two hand pushup of them all, decline close-grip spiderman pushups
Situation #2 – You’re superset calls for dumbbell chest presses andÂ dumbbell split squats, but you only have one set of dumbbells and
you’re set on doing the chest presses…what can you do for your legs?
- 1-leg lying hip extensions for beginners
- high-rep Bulgarian split squats for advanced
- high-rep split squats with your front foot elevated 4-6 inches
- 1-leg deadlifts
- 1-leg squats onto bench
- 1-leg squats standing on the bench
- deep step-ups
- reaching lunges
Situation #3 – You’re at the gym on a busy Monday night and yourÂ superset calls for dumbbell rows and stability ball leg curls, butÂ all of the dumbbells are taken. What alternatives can you do usingÂ a pullup bar or smith machine?
Using the smith machine, you can do…
- inverted row
- underhand inverted rows
- inverted rows with your feet on the ball
- inverted rows holding the ends of a towel hung over the bar (advanced grip strength there!)
Using the pullup bar, you can do theses body weight exercises…
- eccentric pull-ups
- regular pull-ups
- sternum pull-ups
- chin ups
- side to side pull-ups
For more you can check out The Training Body Weight Manual just click below
click here => The TT Bodyweight Manual